Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Monday, September 05, 2005

Not Closed Yet!

Okay, so many of you know that I have been struggling since I've left Oklahoma to move to Wisconsin. The hardest part was leaving behind someone that I truly care for. Don't get me wrong, leaving behind my friends was horrible and I miss them greatly, but I get to talk to them all the time, and we won't stop being friends simply because of geography. But when there is space between two people in a romantic relationship, that space can seem like a universe!

So, about three weeks ago I got a letter from Doug. It had his picture as he was coming home from Saudi Arabia a couple years ago and a beautiful picture of a field of blue bonnets, and then a short letter. This from the boy who doesn't like to write! I'd given him a out, but he didn't take it! When he moved into his new house, I had no way of contacting him. But he didn't take it.

When I got the letter I was a mess, because I honestly hadn't expected him contact me, even though he said he would. I should have had more faith in him, because every time he's said he's going to do something, he's done it. About a week ago I finally called him, but he wasn't around and so I just left it in God's hands. Friday night... well, actually Saturday morning, I got a phone call that I was simply going to ignore! Glad I didn't because it was him! He'd been in Vegas for training, which if I'd thought back, I would have remembered. Anyway, we talked for over an hour and I was so happy to hear his voice it took me another hour to go back to sleep.

Then Saturday he called just to laugh because OU had lost to TCU, which was evil! But hey, at least he called! I figured it would be a while before I heard from him again, but last night he called and we talked for hours! I didn't realize how much I miss him, and how much I laugh when I talk to him. He'd asked if I was coming out to visit during the first call this week and I told him definitely fourth of July, but I wasn't sure before then. During this call he asked me again when I was coming out, and I said I wasn't sure. I have been looking at tickets, and possibly next spring. He told me that was too far away and that I should come this fall. This from the boy who didn't seem to want to continue anything once I left.

I then got in trouble because we started talking about tornados and apparently when we had all the storms up here he was worried about me. He was also upset that it took me so long to respond once I got his letter. For once, I can tell that he really misses me, and I really miss him too!

I know that sometimes God shuts doors so that He can open windows. But every time I've thought He's shut this door, it seems to swing back open. I don't know what is going to happen, and it's a little scary. But I know that as long as God, Doug and I are in this together, it's not going to matter what I can see as long as I know who's with me. Thank God for unclosed doors, and open hearts! I look forward to what God has in store, and I pray that He continues to protect both of our hearts as we move through this journey.

Blessings!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Velasque said…

    hi just a passing stranger,

    that is really sweet..... if this turns out to a relationship.....im happy for u !!! ---

    klieo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home