Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Trouble with Love

The song that is posted below is a song I haven't listened to since before I left Oklahoma; mainly because it completely reminds me of Doug and I couldn't bear to listen to it, knowing that things were more than likely completely over. Actually, I haven't listened to much music since I left because anything that even sounded like a love song reminded me of him, and ANYTHING oldies reminded me of him (he used to come over and change my station automatically to Oldies).
I love this song though because it can now possibly have a happy ending. Before I left, my best friend in OK, Hanni, kept telling me that she didn't think that Doug and I were over, and to have patience with God. She kept telling me to pray for patience and once I got here, she told me to pray for patience even more. She's an amazing friend and I love her very much! I hate patience, and it's always the one thing that God will give you an abundance of if you ask for it. I didn't want to be patient though. I wanted to know if there was a possible future for Doug and I, or if I just completely needed to forget about him. I was so scared of what the answer might be that I simply prayed for God to make my heart okay, RIGHT NOW!
Well, my ever wise friend is smarter than she thinks. When Doug wrote, it took me over two weeks to respond to him at all. Who wants to have their heart broken by someone that they care about so much it hurts? Apparently though, he misses me as much as I miss him. It's not over for us. I know God has something that isn't revealed yet.
The trouble with love is this: You really do have to be patient (which I'm not) and you have to trust that God knows more than you (which is hard but true) and you have to trust that if you love someone and they love you back that there will be a way for it all to come together (patience again).
I don't know what exactly the future holds for Doug and I. But I do know that I want to see where it can go and what God might reveal along the way. I'm willing to put my heart on the line and trust that Doug will be careful with it, just like I know he's trying to trust me to do the same. I know that I can't make it without the support and love from my friends. But like the passage where my blogger name comes from says "Is anything to hard for the LORD?" If we trust in God, nothing is out of reach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home