Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Anitidotes on Shoes and Love


Last night I found the most wonderful pair of shoes! I was out with my friend Kellie at the mall, not planning on buying anything, but can you really pass by shoes and not look? Absolutely NOT! So we stopped and I found these wonderful shoes! I was at Kohl's so finding them on the self was a challenge, but I accepted and went to work. I found every size but my own and was beginning to get frustrated when there they were! Size 8.5, brown, and beautiful! I walked around in the store for about 5 minutes wearing these wonderful shoes and my friend Kellie looked at me and said you are buying them because I'm not listening to you talk about how you should have bought them all the way home. So I went up the the cash register to buy them. Just so you know, these are also lucky shoes. The woman in front of me in line had an OK license and I asked where she was from and she said, actually, Texas, by Ft. Worth, in Weatherford. Let me tell you that she knows Doug's dad who was a football coach while she was in high school.

Anyway, I got home and called my friend Ames in Kansas to tell her about my beautiful new shoes and we started talking about how when you find the right pair of shoes it's like falling in love and here is why:

1. We women want what we want right now. Sometimes we really just want to make-out, sometimes we want a little longer fling, but most of the time we wake-up and think, "Can I send him packing?" Many times buying shoes is an impulse buy and you look at what you bought and say to yourself, "WHAT WAS I THINKING? Do I still have the tags for that?"

2. Sometimes women will date every guy in the world and wind up wanting none of them. Or we're presented with too many choices and never make a decision. When you don't have an idea of what you want everything looks good with too many choices all at once and instead of making a choice we go and buy a skirt instead.

3. Women tend to complain about not finding men to date, but we're sitting around in our houses eating chocolate, dreaming about say Tom Everett Scott or Mark Ruffalo but have no idea what's out there. If you want a pair of shoes, you have to GO to the shoe store before you know what's available.

4. Men that look good aren't always cracked up to be the best for a relationship. Personality differences, such as not sharing a love of Chinese food can cause major realtionship problems. It is the same as those sexy red stilletos. Sure, they look hot on your feet, but they can make walking alomst impossible and you always end up with blisters. Leave them on the self and chalk them up to eye candy!

5. When we finally figure out what it is that we want we're on the hunt for that perfect man/shoe. What's in our head is never what's sitting on the self at the store and it may take a significant amount of time before we can find anything close enough to try on. Sometimes it's like walking into Goodwill, going to the shoe department finding that perfect pair of shoes and realizing that they're used up. But if we're presistent what we want will come into style... or NIKE will let us design our own. And when we find that shoe/man it doesn't matter how much it costs, we're willing to pay the price to have what we want.

6. Finally, there are those of us who have an idea of what we want but aren't really looking. We're at the store but we're just window shopping, gazing... if you will... at the scenry, when BAM! it hits us! There they are... the perfect pair or shoes... staring us right in the face. We weren't planning on spending any money or even trying anything on, but you know that if you don't take them home with you, you'll never forgive yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home