Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Please Excuse

If you read my last post, you're probably thinking I'm a disgruntled postal worker or something. I'm really not, and I really don't hate my job; I'm very simply homesick. People in the north are nice people, it's simply the attitude is different and it's been very hard for me to adjust to. It doesn't help that a large portion of the people I care about live in OKC or TX. Anyway, I'll eventually get over myself I'm sure. However, I still don't think that my life in WI is going to be a very long one. Probably 2 years, maybe 3... and it's already going by fast. I want to live in a place that I can call home and want to call home.

Last nite Doug called me after I'd gone to bed... in his defense it was only 11pm and I'm normally up, but I had crashed. Anyway, we wound up talking until after 1am. I don't know how in the world we can talk so long and so much to each other. I used to talk to Paul (my best friend from TX) just about everyday, but never for four hours at a time! Doug decided last nite that if neither of us were married by the time he turns 30 that we're getting married. I just laughed. Holy cow! If I'm going to marry him, I'm not waiting until I'm 30 to do it. Sorry! That's like 7 years from now, and a little ridiculus!

He told me that we remind him a lot of his mom and step-dad and how they could always talk about anything and everything and that I have all the qualities he wants in a wife. He hasn't actually said it but I know that he thinks about the possibility of marrying me. I know that I've thought about the possibility of marrying him and what that would mean. It's pretty crazy!

Hanni~ I promise that I'm not getting engaged in Nov! He has to pass my Aunt Chris first; which even though he doesn't seem to nervous about doing, it's probably going to be next summer at the earliest, which means we'll have been together over a year. If we're still together that far down the road then it's definitely time for him to meet the family and for them to give their approval or not. I did tell him that he's lucky I'd already bought my ticket when I talked to Myria a couple days ago, or I'd have gone to see her instead. He actually offered to drive me to Austin, but I'm not going to be in town long enough for that to truly be worth it. I'd love to see her and how she's doing, but I'll wait until New Year's and hopefully she'll be in WY for my grandparents anniversary.

Well, it's off to lunch.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like to read your blog but the multi-colored font is hard on the eyes.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with maya... no colored fonts!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home