Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Friday, March 07, 2008

I finally got back in!

So it's been well... over a year since I've written! But I promise it's not my fault! When blogger went over to google, it messed all my stuff up and I couldn't log in! But now I'm back. I can't believe that I haven't written in so long! I was looking back at some of my last posts and so much has happened since then! Avery is almost 2 years old and she is beautiful and funny and drives her mother nuts! And Myria and Brian are getting married in April and I'm so excited for them! I've also been blessed with a godson, Christian, who shares my name... well, kinda. So now I have my girl and my boy!

I've also been blessed to see two of my favorite friends get married to men that I believe are stand-up men and who are blessing and answers to prayers for my friends! It's so exciting to see God join two people together... almost as cool as seeing someone be bapized. I know that there is a lot of skeptism about marriage and all I have to say is that I pray God be with my friends in their marriages and that He bless them as they are joined together in His name!

Besides that I've been to Panama (PHENOMINAL) and several other family fun trips. I've gotten to see my brother again as he was in Wyoming when I went home for Thanksgiving last year and he's coming to Myria and Brian's wedding! Hooray! And I've been in a little bit of contact with my sister, which is good. She got married and that seems bizairre but what can you do?

I've finally really committed myself to being in Green Bay. It's been almost three years and things are really showing some improvement... one of those things being myself. While this has been the worst winter in decades and we are less than 5 inches from a record snow fall, things are good here. I'm finally feeling like I have a family at church, I'm developing some friendships that I feel are true friends and not just people to do stuff with. And I'm finally starting to come into my own a little bit here.

I'm back to cooking! Oh how I missed it! I hate putting on weight and I did for a while because I was unhappy and felt alone and ate out a lot because it was easier. But last fall I recommitted myself to Weight Watchers and am down almost 20lbs again which is wonderful and makes me excited because I can't stand where I'm at. But it's all part of the journey. I'm 25 and most of the time happily single, but I've got my doubts about what I'm doing with my life like every 25 year old.

But I feel blessed! I know that God is doing some amazing things in my life and I need to follow his lead, because when I do amazing things happen!

Oh, I'm also getting ready to start training for the Bellin Run... I think it's a 10K so I'm hoping to maybe find a 5K that is happening before it, but big deal... I'll walk/run it and enjoy the experience. I'm not worried about where I come in... just that I actually finish it! It's only 6.2 miles... seriously... like it's that far?!

Well, I'm glad to be back and will hopefully be writing more frequently as I truly miss it... I really haven't written much anywhere in the last year and I can tell I'm kinda full of stuff I gotta get out!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home