Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Thursday, March 02, 2006

2500

I was just talking with one of my youth's mom, who asked about Doug and what had ever happened to him. I explained that I had gone back and that we had ended our relationship, but that it truly was a God send that it happened. She kinda smiled and said that she'd heard somewhere that each of us has 2500 different possible compatible spouses that we could be truly content with. She couldn't remember where the research came from, but I thought that it was kinda interesting and worth quoting simply for this... only 2495 left! It's all based on timing because it doesn't matter how good the match... if the timing or the place is wrong, then he may be one of your 2500, but you can at least mark him off due to timing. I just have to laugh, but it's true. There isn't just one possible spouse for each of us. We get to choose, praise be to God! (If I got stuck with some of the guys my friends have tried to hook me up with... let's just say they weren't one of my 2500 compatible males!)

So here is to lower numbers and better odds than 1 prince charming!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home