Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Random Collection of Thoughts

Okay, so it's 1/12th of the year is alread come and gone! Can you believe it? Who's wonderful idea was it for this year to begin, let alone be 1/12th of the way through?! This next month is going to be crazy because I'm in the middle of buying a house and let me tell you that it is not by any means an easy or stressless project! I had the house inspection yesterday and the owners have some work that needs to be done by the 28th as well as things that I'll have the joy of doing once I move in. It's time to touch up the plaster on the walls and EVERYTHING needs painted and I don't know what colors I want to paint! So, I have lots of fun stuff with that going on. I just really am not prepared for this year!

Our staff has taken a positive step forward though and I'm really happy because we are meeting twice a week now instead of just once. Now for many of you that may seem redundant and like you don't have time to meet with your staff once a week, let along twice... but all of our meetings have been to do lists and have nothing to do with the broad stroke of ministry. We've begun staff devotions which I'm very excited about and truly need, as well as time to talk about ministry planning and not just who is doing what this week.

It also hit me late last week as I had accepted a counter offer on the house I'm buying and began moving forward in this whole house buying project that as I'm buying a house, there will still be no one there at the end of the day to come home to. I still have the responsibility of all of the chores and making sure that I eat... and something other than McDonald's because it's quick and easy. Then I read Jamie's blog on being in the nook and it hit again. There are some opportunities here for me to start dating again, but can I say that it literally scares the crap out of me to start dating again! And with that, what makes me even madder is that Doug popped into my dream the other night. It was like he's trying to torture me. I don't want to get back with him; but it bothers me that he began dating again briefly after we broke up. And the reasons are completely self absorbed, he should be sitting in his house wallowing over me, even though I don't wallow over him. Heck, I most of the time I don't have time to even think about wallowing. But now, because I'm being self absorbed I feel like I'm wallowing! GRRR!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about my house and will be posting a slew of pictures soon... I just took new ones and they are getting processed. It's very me, and will be even more me once I plaster and paint, and decorate. BTW~ looking for a place to get away? I could use some company... not that any of us can get away.

I think I'm simply feeling homesick still or again, whatever you want to call it. My aunt is hopefully going to come visit me soon after I close on my house and that would be nice, because it really is missing my best friend... and while I miss so many of my friends, she and I have never connected well over the phone and being thousands of miles away has always driven me crazy.

Well, I think that my thoughts have been random enough for today. I'll get the cool pics of my house up hopefully by tomorrow... but don't count your chickens til they hatch!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe this is what being in your twenties is all about...see early FRIENDS episodes for reference!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Kristy Laughed said…

    ames, you're probably right! thankfully we always have FRIENDS as well as friends to fall back on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home