Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Wise Man Once Said...

At my granduation from college in 2000, my aunt gave me a letter on beautiful handmade paper. As I read it, the heart and soul of what she'd written grabbed onto my heart. As I got to the end I realized that it was not a letter, but a quote by Walt Whitman, which I now share with you:

This is what you shall do~

Love the earth and sun and the animals; despise riches, give alms to everyone who asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue that concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told in school or church or in any book; dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a poem.

Now, take these words for what they're worth to you. For me they are worth much because as I read them, I see the heart of what Christ has called me to do, love what He has created, share what He has given me, let my heart soar and never look back because He's created me just the way He wanted to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home