Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Monday, November 07, 2005

General Babbling

I've been told it's been too long since I've written and I haven't given any updates. So here goes!

I leave on Thursday to go down to Oklahoma, which I'm really excited about! Saturday morning Doug and I are driving down to Ft. Worth to meet my aunt and cousins for lunch and I guess hang out for a while. We're not all that excited about driving down there, but I am excited about him meeting my aunt because her opinion is the one that I trust the most. Doug no longer seems all that nervous about it either, which is good, because last Thursday when I asked him if we could do this, he said yes, but that he was going to be quiet and nervous, and now he's the one making plans for what we're going to do.

Actually, this weekend is going to be quite crazy because Thursday Doug and I are having dinner with a couple of his friends, Friday morning is gun range with Doug, Friday lunch is with Pastor and Cynthia, Friday afternoon is my time with HANNIE!, Friday evening is dinner with the girls and then bed early because Sat. morning is the drive to Ft. Worth. And then Sunday, I'm doing nothing! Well, not nothing... apparently Doug is planning something, but I don't know what it is. I love surprises though, so I'm all for it.

Things in Green Bay are going crazy. I actually got quite a bit of affirmation from my staff today, which I probably needed. There is so much to do before Thursday, and I have no desire to do it, but it's slowly getting done. My junior highers really made me happy last Wednesday because we were out raking leaves for random neighbors of the church, and they worked so well together, they had such positive attitudes, and they were really shining!

Actually, this last weekend was really fun too because I got to see three of my kids in a play at the high school, and one of my boys in a play-off football game (that they lost, but boy did they play hard!). It was great. Then Sunday I went to the Packer/Steeler game, and I have to say that I'm sick of watching Green Bay lose, but I had a good time with my Pastor's and Jaki, and then I had a blast hanging out with Josh after the game! Even with a losing season, Packer fans are a ton of fun.

Well, I will definitely write again soon, probably once I get back... and there shall be pictures of Doug for my dear friends who have yet to see a pic. (sorry) I'm SO EXCITED! Thursday can't get here fast enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home