Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm Exhausted!

Okay, so I'm writing but I'm not sure why. I'm absolutely exhausted. I was fine until earlier this morning I had a coughing fit (popcorn breakfast got stuck in the wrong hole) and my eyes were watering and just going nuts. Then I went to Tuesday morning Bible study, and I it just hit that I'm exhausted! I hate feeling this way. It's bazzaire! Work on the house is coming along nicely as there are only two more ceilings to go, and rooms are getting closer to being done. I don't recommend having to paint the entirety of the insides of a house, but if you do... it's best empty! I couldn't imagine doing this with a house full of furniture, which is why I'm blessed that it's getting done before I move.

I do have to say that I love the Tuesday morning group. It's not always only women, Pastor is of course not female, and then there is normally one other retired gentleman who comes, but I think he's visiting the south, and I don't blame him. It's really great though because I learn so much from this group of older women. They are absolutely marvelous.

It's really sad that in our culture we wish we were twentysomething again. But honestly, why? I think it's great that God gives us time in each era of our lives. However, the desire to stay young isn't really a sin though is it. I can say that because we weren't made to age and die. We were made to live eternally, that is the way God intended it. So, that desire to stay young isn't so uncalled for. However, we must remember that on this earth we are always decaying because that's what sin causes, death and decay. From the moment of birth we are growing up to die. Thanks to sin we must die an earthly death, but we do not truly die! Thank God for His grace and Jesus' sacrifice of Himself and the Spirit's gift of faith. We've got a God who calls a spade a spade, and so He knows that we deserve to go to hell. However, we're blessed every day with the wisdom that through His Son's atoning sacrifice of Himself, on the cross, that through His blood we are paid for in full, and through the gift of faith from the Spirit, we know that this is true. I am so blessed to have God love and care for me the way that He does.

Didn't know I was going to go there, but it's Lent and it's a stiff reminder of true repentance and God's plan to save His creation. So praise be to God that I am so blessed that He chose me in baptism to be His child and to have revealed in my life all of the blessings that He gives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home