Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Feeling a lot like a Slacker

If you couldn't tell already, I'm going through a little bit of a slump. I know it's nothing major, but I'm just tired and lazy. I'm getting my work done, but really only the things that have to be done RIGHT NOW! I can tell that I was working a lot getting things ready for the beginning of the academic year and that I haven't taken much me time, but it's like now I'm doing over kill. I was up last night reading until almost 4am and didn't bother to wake up this morning. Didn't really care if I did or not. I'm going to one of my kids footballs games this afternoon and to a talk about youth and the media this evening, so it's not like I won't do stuff today. But really, who cares. I really wish I had a work ethic, but I don't. I only have one when I have to have one or get some manic desire to clean like I'm crazy.

But I'm a slacker, and I know I'm a slacker. I could get more done, but I apparently live by the procrastinators moto, "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?"

I do have to say, that I'm slowly getting things done around the house. I finally bought a rug for my living room that I've been looking at for like 3 months and it's really pulled the room together. Now all I have to do is get some of my artwork framed so that at least one room in my house is complete. After that, I'm going to tackle my dining room, which is also on the verge of finished and then it's onto my office. So, by about the time Hell thaws out next spring, my house might start actually looking like a house and not like someone put their stuff in a house and left.

My goal is that by the middle of next week, even if there are no pictures that the main floor of my house will actually look like a home and not like a really crappy apartment. Somebody call me on it to see if I get it done!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jamie Lynn said…

    Slackers unite!

    I haven't seen the top of my desk in weeks. I have a list of things to do that I actually get done. Yet I'm completely and totally bored out of my mind while doing it and especially after completeing it.

    Maybe it's the dreaded bell curve... maybe it's the change of seasons... who knows! But what I do know is I'm tired of being tired and lazy and bored and grumpy and lonely...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home