Kristy Laughed

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything to hard for the Lord?" ~Genesis 18-13-14a

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cool Digs

So tonight as I await a very long night I decided to check out a local used bookstore. To my joyous surprise they were featuring a local bluegrass band which was awesome, I love listening to the mandolin. And even better I found an old beautiful copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I've always loved this book since the first time I read it. I think I was like 12 or so, actually I think I was in 5th grade or so.. so maybe 10 or 11. Either way, I had to have it. I sat down in a comfy chair, listening to good music and started reading my once beloved childhood book. Now, it's been a long time since I've read this book, and honestly, even after the first chapter I can't believe this is a book my mother picked out and gave to me to read at such a young age! I obviously didn't catch on to everything that was happening in the book but I do know that there are some pretty intense themes.

Anyway, I'm totally excited to have found it. I also picked up another book by Chris Bohjalian who is an amazing author. He's written three of my favorite books, Midwives, The Double Bind, and Transister Radio. All very different, with great twists and some interesting outlooks (esp. Transister Radio). If you haven't read anything by him, I would strongly encourage it.

So here is a toast to my new fav. coffee shop and bookstore! I believe I will be headed back on the third sat. for some more wonderful live music. Ah, three fav. things, music, books, and tea!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home